Evolve Strength & Conditioning
Evolve Strength & Conditioning uses scientifically based programs built around the athlete’s sports schedule. Whether they are off-season, preseason, or in-season athletes our programs can be tailored to fit their needs and goals.
This is where scholarships are made and personal records are achieved.
The Difference Between Us & The Rest:
· Individualized Coaching: Training programs are created based on the goals of each individual. Whether their goal is to improve specific aspects of their ability to perform in their sport or to become more functional in their daily life, training programs are personalized to fit the individual’s current ability level and goals.
· Muscle-Taxing Movements: Training is based on eccentric-isometric movements which maximize stress placed on our muscles and minimize stress placed on our joints. This allows for optimal muscle function, minimizing risk of injury, and optimizing the opportunity for ideal technique to be performed.
· Experience, Skills, and Knowledge: Our head strength and conditioning coach, Dr. David LaPlaca, earned his PhD in Kinesiology with his cognate in Nutrition from the University of Georgia. His dissertation is titled, “The Characteristics Differentiating Expert, Competent, and Beginner Strength and Conditioning Coaches,” which is currently in the process of becoming published. David is currently studying to become a Registered Dietitian. He has experience coaching at the University of Georgia, Villanova University, and Becker College, and he also has collegiate athletic playing experience as a linebacker and sole team captain on Guilford College’s football team, and as an athlete on Guilford’s track and field team. Below are David’s current certifications and distinctions:
o Registered Strength and Conditioning Coach (RSCC) by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
o Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) by the NSCA
o Level 1 Sport Performance Coach by USA Weightlifting (USAW)
o Level 1 Certificate in Exercise Nutrition by Precision Nutrition (Pn1)
o Level 1 Certified Functional Strength Coach (CFSC) by Mike Boyle Strength and Conditioning (MBSC)
o Functional Movement Screen Level 1 (FMS) by Functional Movement Systems
o Y Balance Test by Functional Movement Systems
o Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES) by the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
o Fitness Nutrition Specialist (FNS) by the NASM
o Level 1 Track and Field Coach by USA Track and Field (USATF)
Postural Restoration Institute (PRI) Myokinematic Restoration course completion
Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED certified by the American Heart Association
The Breakdown of Evolve’s Strength & Conditioning:
· Full-body strength training sessions: Each strength training session involves training the entire body and is based on the seven human movements including the squat, hinge, lunge, horizontal push, horizontal pull, vertical push, and vertical pull. No matter the goal of the athlete or client, there are a wide variety of variations of these movements that are used to help the athlete or client reach their goals. Training the full-body during a training sessions has many benefits ranging from providing the best representation of athletic performance to allowing us to train movement patterns more frequently. Even though each training session will train the entire body, each training session will have a specific emphasis where certain movement patterns are prioritized over others for the purpose of prioritizing the amount of energy we expend during each session.
· Speed training sessions: Speed training sessions begin with teaching proper sprint mechanics. We perform in-line lunges, single-leg Romanian deadlifts (RDLs), seated arm drives, and progressive sprinting movements to teach and engrain optimal sprint mechanics. Optimal sprint mechanics allow us to sprint as efficiently and effectively as possible. After just optimizing our sprint mechanics our speed will typically improve instantly even before any additional sprint training is performed. Once we display competency in our sprint mechanics we then begin to perform plyometric movements, resisted sprints, overspeed sprints, unresisted/unassisted sprints, and agility movements. These specific exercises train the body how to put more force into the ground and move at a faster rate, which are the two key components to increasing speed.
· Foot and ankle development – Just like when building a house, everything starts with having a strong foundation. The same goes when building strength in our body, it all begins with building strength in our feet and ankles. Every single athlete and client will begin their training with first learning how to activate the muscles in their feet and properly align their ankles, knees, and hips, which influences our spinal alignment and every single movement pattern we perform.
Strength & Conditioning Programs:
· Private Training
o One-On-One Training: Training sessions are with David and can be one hour or 45 minutes in length depending on the athlete’s or client’s schedule. These training sessions are for those that want the most individual attention to detail and coaching as possible to help them reach their goals.
· Group Training – Maximum of 10 per group
o Athlete Strength Training: These group sessions are designed for professional, collegiate, or high school athletes looking to improve their performance in their sport. Each athlete has a personal training program created for them by David to help them reach their goals and is coached by David during these sessions.
o Adult Strength Training: These group sessions are designed for adults looking to become stronger and/or more functional in their daily life. Each adult has a personal training program created for them by David to help them reach their goals and is coached by David during these sessions.
o Kids Strength Training: These group sessions are designed for middle school and late elementary school students looking to learn foot and mechanics along with the basic movement patterns.
· Sport Team
o Sport Team Training: These training sessions involve training an entire team or a portion of a team at Evolve’s facility. These training sessions can involve strength training, speed development, and/or conditioning depending on the goals of the team.
Strength & Conditioning Training Pricing
Private One-Hour Sessions: - 1 session: $90 - 3 sessions: $255 - 6 sessions: $480 - 12 sessions: $900
Private 45-Minute Sessions: - 1 session: $70 - 3 sessions: $195 - 6 sessions: $360 - 12 sessions: $675
Athlete Strength Training Sessions (Group with maximum of 10 athletes): - 8 weeks (16 sessions): $325 - 12 weeks (24 sessions): $445 - 16 weeks (32 sessions): $520
Adult Strength Training Sessions (Group with maximum of 10 adults): - 8 weeks (16 sessions): $272 - 12 weeks (24 sessions): $382 - 16 weeks (32 sessions): $483
Kids Strength Training Sessions (Group with maximum of 10 kids): - 4 weeks (8 sessions): $80 - 8 weeks (16 sessions): $146 - 12 weeks (24 sessions): $192
Sport Team Training Sessions (Groups with at least 10 athletes): - Speed Development and Conditioning (1 hour session): $12 per athlete - Strength Training (1 hour session): $15 per athlete - Speed Development and Strength Training Session (2 hour session): $25 per athlete
Individualized Training Program Packet with Nutrition Guidelines - 1 month (5-7 days per week of training material): $99
Strength & Conditioning Times
Private One-Hour Sessions - Anytime that works best for you and David
Private 45-Minute Sessions - Anytime that works best for you and David
Athlete Strength Training Sessions (Group with maximum of 10 athletes) - Tuesday – 5:30 p.m. - Wednesday – 5:00 p.m. - Thursday – 5:30 p.m. - Saturday – 10:00 a.m.
Adult Strength Training Sessions (Group with maximum of 10 adults) - Monday – 6:15 p.m. - Wednesday – 5:30 a.m. - Wednesday – 7:00 p.m. - Saturday – 8:00 a.m.
Kids Strength Training Sessions (Group with maximum of 10 kids) - Tuesday – 4:30 p.m. - Wednesday – 6:15 p.m. - Thursday – 4:30 p.m. - Saturday – 9:15 a.m.
Sport Team Training Sessions (Groups with at least 10 athletes) - Anytime that works best for you and David
Social Media Links
Follow us for free information, videos, tips, and more!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ EvolveFitnessSC
Virtually walk through our Strength & Conditioning room on Google Maps
Simply click in the direction you want to move, zoom in and out, and see what we have to offer.